Got all the parts cut last weekend and finished marking up the peices using tailor's tacks. Sewing could commence!
Spent most the day at it yesterday, with the result being a dress I could actually put on. Progress went so quickly I was able to do some seam finishing (zig sagging really) to avoid a horrible mess inside. For quicky projects like this I really struggle with how much finishing is enough.
I cut the neckline down from the orginal, as it just looked weird on me. Rode up on my neck in one spot, and was way too high for an evening event. Cut a new facing, and remembered how unskilled I am at the art of modern facings. I cut it backwards, which I only discovered when I went to assemble. Thankfully I wasn't short of fabric or interfacing. I also did my added trick of sewing down the facing to the seam, to keep it from peeking.
What I have left: the zipper, hemming the sleeves, the skirt, and tacking down the underside of the shash lining. Not much really.
Will take some photos when I have things like clean hair and enough coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment