Friday, June 28, 2019

Progress

Been chipping away.

Got my ball gown pattern in from TV so I can get started on my muslin. Have traced out my pieces (I don't cut them, just use tracing paper so I can re-use the pattern if *ahem* the pattern shrinks in envelope) and got my muslin cut.

Does anyone know of any good dress blogs showing Worth construction? This is going to be one of those multi layered affairs - base bodice, plus structured overlay to get the flappy bits in the front and back right. Not your simple fashion, organza, lining affair.

Pinged social media on sleeve patterns. It may be Worth, but I'd rather spend my time making silk gauze do pleaty things than futz with my own pattern. So. Let me know if you've made up the smaller variants of TV's 1890's sleeve patterns. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment